Monday, September 9, 2013

7 weeks 4 days

Well, it has been 7 weeks and 4 days since the best day of my life. This was the day that the sweetest little guy made me a mommy. I am loving every bit of my journey as his mommy and things get better every day. Sure we have those days where I am in tears because he is fussy and I have no idea what he wants, but for the most part our days consist of hangin' out, enjoying each other, lovin' each other, and giving tons of kisses to those cute little chubby cheeks. We are trying to get somewhat of a routine started and Jonah has taken to that very well. He loves his night time routine and is really starting to notice when we do not follow it. It consist of playing with Daddy once he is home from work, then we usually do bath time, cuddle for awhile, nurse, and then rock him to sleep. He has been an amazing sleeper since day one and recently he has gotten even better. On average he usually goes down between 9-10:30 and doesn't wake up until between 4 and 5. Once I feed him he usually sleeps until 8-9. This little boy loves his sleep! Mommy and Daddy are grateful for that.

Breastfeeding has been wonderful. Jonah latched perfectly since he was very first born and we haven't had any issues ever since. Thankfully I am able to produce plenty of milk to keep my little guy happy and healthy. He normally eats every 2-3 hours throughout the day. He had a bottle of breastmilk for the first time last night and he did pretty good. It took him a few minutes to get the hang of it but once he got it, it was gone in minutes. Daddy enjoyed being able to feed him.

The past week has been so fun because Jonah is starting to smile. He has been smiling for a few weeks but this past week he will really hand out his smiles. Nothing makes me happier than seeing those sweet smiles first thing in the morning. He is so well rested and so happy. He is also cooing like crazy. He tries to talk to his toys during playtime.

I am going to try hard to keep up with this blog so I can document all of the fun things that I get to do as a mommy and even the not so fun things may show up occasionally. We have some hard days but for the most part this little boy is making being a family of 3 the best that it possibly could be!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment