Tuesday, October 8, 2013

"Homeade" Payday candy bar

Now that Fall is here it seems like everyone has a sweet tooth. Well, this is something that my aunt brought to a family trip last year and lets just say it's coming with us again this year on our trip. Candy corn and peanuts. Yep, that's it. It turns out that if you eat candy corn and peanuts at the same time it taste just like you are eating a Payday candy bar. It's just something about that salty and sweet combo that gets me. I know there is nothing healthy about this little combo we've got going on but let's face it...it's good! Another funny thing about this is that I hate candy corn. I can't stand that sugar taste that it has. When paired with peanuts, it taste nothing like the traditional taste of candy corn. 
We have been keeping a candy jar in the kitchen cabinet filled with this combo. It would be a great on the go sweet fall treat for little ones (old enough for peanuts that is) I honestly don't know why it's so good but there is just so something about it. This is definitely something great to sit out for Halloween parties, fall family gatherings, or just because. Try it out and you'll understand exactly what I mean!
Happy Fall :)

4 comments:

  1. Yum! That sounds good, I might have to go mix some together :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh I probably shouldn't try this - it looks addicting!!! :)

    Thanks for linking up with It's a Mom's Life. I hope you'll join us again this week (starting tomorrow morning!)

    ReplyDelete